Saturday, April 10, 2010

Meaty Chili Lasagna















12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
2 tbsp chili powder
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
3 tbsp tomato paste
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1. Cook the noodles according to the package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, onion, peppers and chili powder.  Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.  Drain.  Add the soup, tomato sauce and tomato paste; simmer until heated through.
2. Drain noodles.  Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.  Layer with four noodles, half of the remaining sauce and a third of the cheese.  Repeat layers once.  Top with remaining noodles and cheese.
3. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese in melted.  Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.

Tip/Tricks/Notes 

This had to be one of the best lasagna's I've ever had!  I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine that I bought well waiting in line at the grocery store one day.  The recipe was super easy to follow and turned out perfect!  The only tip I have is to be careful when cutting the jalapeno peppers.  You will either want to use disposable gloves or make sure to wash you hands throughly and definitely avoid touching your face!

The picture seen above is an actual picture I took of my completed lasagna, it is not taken from the internet or played with in anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love cheese recipes with meaty dishes.Its delicious.

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Oh, this sounds so good. I have to try it for my family.

Oh, please contact me at marilyn @ grandma-marilyns.com (delete spaces before and after @ sign). I have a question for you.

Post a Comment

About Me

Why Roro? Many years ago, I was given the nickname 'Roro' by a good friend and it has stuck ever since!

Why a Recipe Blog? Recently I discovered a love for baking & cooking when Kevin and I bought our first house together in 2008. I started to get a lot of requests for the recipes I was trying and I thought a blog would be the best way to share them with everyone!

Click Here for More

Followers

Links

Proud member of FoodBlogs

Search This Blog